Skip to main content

Knowing the word of God

Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:  And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with him shall flee; and I will smite the king only:  And I will bring back all the people unto thee: the man whom thou seekest is as if all returned: so all the people shall be in peace.  And the saying pleased Absalom well, and all the elders of Israel.  Then said Absalom, Call now Hushai the Archite also, and let us hear likewise what he saith.  And when Hushai was come to Absalom, Absalom spake unto him, saying, Ahithophel hath spoken after this manner: shall we do after his saying? if not; speak thou.  And Hushai said unto Absalom, The counsel that Ahithophel hath given is not good at this time.  For, said Hushai, thou knowest thy father and his men, that they be mighty men, and they be chafed in their minds, as a bear robbed of her whelps in the field: and thy father is a man of war, and will not lodge with the people.  Behold, he is hid now in some pit, or in some other place: and it will come to pass, when some of them be overthrown at the first, that whosoever heareth it will say, There is a slaughter among the people that follow Absalom.  And he also that is valiant, whose heart is as the heart of a lion, shall utterly melt: for all Israel knoweth that thy father is a mighty man, and they which be with him are valiant men.  Therefore I counsel that all Israel be generally gathered unto thee, from Dan even to Beer–sheba, as the sand that is by the sea for multitude; and that thou go to battle in thine own person.  So shall we come upon him in some place where he shall be found, and we will light upon him as the dew falleth on the ground: and of him and of all the men that are with him there shall not be left so much as one.  Moreover, if he be gotten into a city, then shall all Israel bring ropes to that city, and we will draw it into the river, until there be not one small stone found there.  And Absalom and all the men of Israel said, The counsel of Hushai the Archite is better than the counsel of Ahithophel. For the Lord had appointed to defeat the good counsel of Ahithophel, to the intent that the Lord might bring evil upon Absalom.  Then said Hushai unto Zadok and to Abiathar the priests, Thus and thus did Ahithophel counsel Absalom and the elders of Israel; and thus and thus have I counselled.  Now therefore send quickly, and tell David, saying, Lodge not this night in the plains of the wilderness, but speedily pass over; lest the king be swallowed up, and all the people that are with him.  Now Jonathan and Ahimaaz stayed by En–rogel; for they might not be seen to come into the city: and a wench went and told them; and they went and told king David.  Nevertheless a lad saw them, and told Absalom: but they went both of them away quickly, and came to a man's house in Bahurim, which had a well in his court; whither they went down.  And the woman took and spread a covering over the well's mouth, and spread ground corn thereon; and the thing was not known.  And when Absalom's servants came to the woman to the house, they said, Where is Ahimaaz and Jonathan? And the woman said unto them, They be gone over the brook of water. And when they had sought and could not find them, they returned to Jerusalem.  And it came to pass, after they were departed, that they came up out of the well, and went and told king David, and said unto David, Arise, and pass quickly over the water: for thus hath Ahithophel counselled against you.  Then David arose, and all the people that were with him, and they passed over Jordan: by the morning light there lacked not one of them that was not gone over Jordan.  And when Ahithophel saw that his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and gat him home to his house, to his city, and put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father.  Then David came to Mahanaim. And Absalom passed over Jordan, he and all the men of Israel with him.  And Absalom made Amasa captain of the host instead of Joab: which Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ithra an Israelite, that went in to Abigail the daughter of Nahash, sister to Zeruiah Joab's mother.  So Israel and Absalom pitched in the land of Gilead.  And it came to pass, when David was come to Mahanaim, that Shobi the son of Nahash of Rabbah of the children of Ammon, and Machir the son of Ammiel of Lo–debar, and Barzillai the Gileadite of Rogelim,  Brought beds, and basins, and earthen vessels, and wheat, and barley, and flour, and parched corn, and beans, and lentiles, and parched pulse,  And honey, and butter, and sheep, and cheese of kine, for David, and for the people that were with him, to eat: for they said, The people is hungry, and weary, and thirsty, in the wilderness.
2 Samuel 17:1‭-‬29 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2sa.17.1-29.KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking with Jesus I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour in August 2016. When this journey just began, I was not where I needed to be, I was still doing a lot of things that had me being disobedient to God. I didn’t understood much of the bible, I was in a place where I know I needed help, and I felt that going to church would make everything okay right away, I never knew it would have a been a learning process. I was in and out of jobs, I was lonely, unhappy, bitter, confused, a culprit and basically lawless. I was really broken, I needed a strong foundation, a needed love, I needed peace, and I needed to know who I was. At this point of my life, I really wanted to come home. I had no money saved, was living in a house where a shared utilities and bathroom. My Bill’s where paid by the help of family and whatever assignments I would get to do. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant at the time. God knew my heart, he knew I wanted to go home, because it was a desire of...

Daily Devotion

The Lord is worthy and greatly to be praised. In Him, we can put our trust. He is the God of provisions and our help in times of trouble. Let us stand in the faith as Abraham hath done knowing that God is faithful and has the ability to perform it all. Circumstances change but our God never changes. God already knows everything which we will face in this life, we must trust in him and know that all is well. He never took our place on the cross through Christ to leave us in times of difficulties, he took it and redeemed us from everything that was against us. God never fails, He can’t, He is God. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). Pray this prayer of faith: Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. I thank you for loving and forgiving me. I accept you as my Lord and Savior in my heart today. Amen.

Daily Devotion

We are a chosen vessel of God and it was nothing of our doing, he called us before the foundation of the world. “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (King James Bible, 1769/2017, Ephesians 1:4). God chose to bless us in Christ Jesus and gave us a heart to believe. “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” (Isaiah 43:10). We can’t take no credit for God’s work; it is his grace that made us who we are. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). In all that we do, we must remember that God loved us before we were saints. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Roma...