Skip to main content

Knowing the word of God

And when Saul's son heard that Abner was dead in Hebron, his hands were feeble, and all the Israelites were troubled.  And Saul's son had two men that were captains of bands: the name of the one was Baanah, and the name of the other Rechab, the sons of Rimmon a Beerothite, of the children of Benjamin: (for Beeroth also was reckoned to Benjamin:  And the Beerothites fled to Gittaim, and were sojourners there until this day.)  And Jonathan, Saul's son, had a son that was lame of his feet. He was five years old when the tidings came of Saul and Jonathan out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it came to pass, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.  And the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, Rechab and Baanah, went, and came about the heat of the day to the house of Ish–bosheth, who lay on a bed at noon.  And they came thither into the midst of the house, as though they would have fetched wheat; and they smote him under the fifth rib: and Rechab and Baanah his brother escaped.  For when they came into the house, he lay on his bed in his bedchamber, and they smote him, and slew him, and beheaded him, and took his head, and gat them away through the plain all night.  And they brought the head of Ish–bosheth unto David to Hebron, and said to the king, Behold the head of Ish–bosheth the son of Saul thine enemy, which sought thy life; and the Lord hath avenged my Lord the king this day of Saul, and of his seed.  And David answered Rechab and Baanah his brother, the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, and said unto them, As the Lord liveth, who hath redeemed my soul out of all adversity,  When one told me, saying, Behold, Saul is dead, thinking to have brought good tidings, I took hold of him, and slew him in Ziklag, who thought that I would have given him a reward for his tidings:  How much more, when wicked men have slain a righteous person in his own house upon his bed? shall I not therefore now require his blood of your hand, and take you away from the earth?  And David commanded his young men, and they slew them, and cut off their hands and their feet, and hanged them up over the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ish–bosheth, and buried it in the sepulchre of Abner in Hebron.
2 Samuel 4:1‭-‬12 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2sa.4.1-12.KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking with Jesus I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour in August 2016. When this journey just began, I was not where I needed to be, I was still doing a lot of things that had me being disobedient to God. I didn’t understood much of the bible, I was in a place where I know I needed help, and I felt that going to church would make everything okay right away, I never knew it would have a been a learning process. I was in and out of jobs, I was lonely, unhappy, bitter, confused, a culprit and basically lawless. I was really broken, I needed a strong foundation, a needed love, I needed peace, and I needed to know who I was. At this point of my life, I really wanted to come home. I had no money saved, was living in a house where a shared utilities and bathroom. My Bill’s where paid by the help of family and whatever assignments I would get to do. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant at the time. God knew my heart, he knew I wanted to go home, because it was a desire of...

Daily Devotion

The Lord is worthy and greatly to be praised. In Him, we can put our trust. He is the God of provisions and our help in times of trouble. Let us stand in the faith as Abraham hath done knowing that God is faithful and has the ability to perform it all. Circumstances change but our God never changes. God already knows everything which we will face in this life, we must trust in him and know that all is well. He never took our place on the cross through Christ to leave us in times of difficulties, he took it and redeemed us from everything that was against us. God never fails, He can’t, He is God. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). Pray this prayer of faith: Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. I thank you for loving and forgiving me. I accept you as my Lord and Savior in my heart today. Amen.

Daily Devotion

We are a chosen vessel of God and it was nothing of our doing, he called us before the foundation of the world. “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (King James Bible, 1769/2017, Ephesians 1:4). God chose to bless us in Christ Jesus and gave us a heart to believe. “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” (Isaiah 43:10). We can’t take no credit for God’s work; it is his grace that made us who we are. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). In all that we do, we must remember that God loved us before we were saints. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Roma...