Skip to main content

Knowing the word of God

And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?  And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.  And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.  And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lo–debar.  Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lo–debar.  Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!  And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.  Then the king called to Ziba, Saul's servant, and said unto him, I have given unto thy master's son all that pertained to Saul and to all his house.  Thou therefore, and thy sons, and thy servants, shall till the land for him, and thou shalt bring in the fruits, that thy master's son may have food to eat: but Mephibosheth thy master's son shall eat bread alway at my table. Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.  Then said Ziba unto the king, According to all that my Lord the king hath commanded his servant, so shall thy servant do. As for Mephibosheth, said the king, he shall eat at my table, as one of the king's sons.  And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was Micha. And all that dwelt in the house of Ziba were servants unto Mephibosheth.  So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king's table; and was lame on both his feet.
2 Samuel 9:1‭-‬7‭, ‬9‭-‬13 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/2sa.9.1-13.KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking with Jesus I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour in August 2016. When this journey just began, I was not where I needed to be, I was still doing a lot of things that had me being disobedient to God. I didn’t understood much of the bible, I was in a place where I know I needed help, and I felt that going to church would make everything okay right away, I never knew it would have a been a learning process. I was in and out of jobs, I was lonely, unhappy, bitter, confused, a culprit and basically lawless. I was really broken, I needed a strong foundation, a needed love, I needed peace, and I needed to know who I was. At this point of my life, I really wanted to come home. I had no money saved, was living in a house where a shared utilities and bathroom. My Bill’s where paid by the help of family and whatever assignments I would get to do. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant at the time. God knew my heart, he knew I wanted to go home, because it was a desire of...

Daily Devotion

The Lord is worthy and greatly to be praised. In Him, we can put our trust. He is the God of provisions and our help in times of trouble. Let us stand in the faith as Abraham hath done knowing that God is faithful and has the ability to perform it all. Circumstances change but our God never changes. God already knows everything which we will face in this life, we must trust in him and know that all is well. He never took our place on the cross through Christ to leave us in times of difficulties, he took it and redeemed us from everything that was against us. God never fails, He can’t, He is God. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). Pray this prayer of faith: Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. I thank you for loving and forgiving me. I accept you as my Lord and Savior in my heart today. Amen.

Daily Devotion

We are a chosen vessel of God and it was nothing of our doing, he called us before the foundation of the world. “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (King James Bible, 1769/2017, Ephesians 1:4). God chose to bless us in Christ Jesus and gave us a heart to believe. “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” (Isaiah 43:10). We can’t take no credit for God’s work; it is his grace that made us who we are. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). In all that we do, we must remember that God loved us before we were saints. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Roma...