Skip to main content

Knowing the word of God

In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the Lord by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, saying,  Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the Lord's house should be built.  Then came the word of the Lord by Haggai the prophet, saying,  Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled houses, and this house lie waste?  Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.  Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.  Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.  Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord .  Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house.  Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth is stayed from her fruit.  And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil, and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon cattle, and upon all the labour of the hands.  Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed the voice of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet, as the Lord their God had sent him, and the people did fear before the Lord .  Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord .  And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,  In the four and twentieth day of the sixth month, in the second year of Darius the king.
Haggai 1:1‭-‬15 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/hag.1.1-15.KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking with Jesus I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour in August 2016. When this journey just began, I was not where I needed to be, I was still doing a lot of things that had me being disobedient to God. I didn’t understood much of the bible, I was in a place where I know I needed help, and I felt that going to church would make everything okay right away, I never knew it would have a been a learning process. I was in and out of jobs, I was lonely, unhappy, bitter, confused, a culprit and basically lawless. I was really broken, I needed a strong foundation, a needed love, I needed peace, and I needed to know who I was. At this point of my life, I really wanted to come home. I had no money saved, was living in a house where a shared utilities and bathroom. My Bill’s where paid by the help of family and whatever assignments I would get to do. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant at the time. God knew my heart, he knew I wanted to go home, because it was a desire of...

Daily Devotion

The Lord is worthy and greatly to be praised. In Him, we can put our trust. He is the God of provisions and our help in times of trouble. Let us stand in the faith as Abraham hath done knowing that God is faithful and has the ability to perform it all. Circumstances change but our God never changes. God already knows everything which we will face in this life, we must trust in him and know that all is well. He never took our place on the cross through Christ to leave us in times of difficulties, he took it and redeemed us from everything that was against us. God never fails, He can’t, He is God. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). Pray this prayer of faith: Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. I thank you for loving and forgiving me. I accept you as my Lord and Savior in my heart today. Amen.

Daily Devotion

We are a chosen vessel of God and it was nothing of our doing, he called us before the foundation of the world. “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (King James Bible, 1769/2017, Ephesians 1:4). God chose to bless us in Christ Jesus and gave us a heart to believe. “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” (Isaiah 43:10). We can’t take no credit for God’s work; it is his grace that made us who we are. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). In all that we do, we must remember that God loved us before we were saints. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Roma...