Skip to main content

Knowing the word of God

Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!  She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the Lord ; she drew not near to her God.  Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.  Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.  The just Lord is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.  I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.  I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.  Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord , until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.  For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.  From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.  In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.  The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.  Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.  The Lord hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the Lord , is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.  In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.  The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.  I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.  Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.  At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the Lord .
Zephaniah 3:1‭-‬11‭, ‬13‭-‬20 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/zep.3.1-20.KJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking with Jesus I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour in August 2016. When this journey just began, I was not where I needed to be, I was still doing a lot of things that had me being disobedient to God. I didn’t understood much of the bible, I was in a place where I know I needed help, and I felt that going to church would make everything okay right away, I never knew it would have a been a learning process. I was in and out of jobs, I was lonely, unhappy, bitter, confused, a culprit and basically lawless. I was really broken, I needed a strong foundation, a needed love, I needed peace, and I needed to know who I was. At this point of my life, I really wanted to come home. I had no money saved, was living in a house where a shared utilities and bathroom. My Bill’s where paid by the help of family and whatever assignments I would get to do. I was a Certified Nursing Assistant at the time. God knew my heart, he knew I wanted to go home, because it was a desire of...

Daily Devotion

The Lord is worthy and greatly to be praised. In Him, we can put our trust. He is the God of provisions and our help in times of trouble. Let us stand in the faith as Abraham hath done knowing that God is faithful and has the ability to perform it all. Circumstances change but our God never changes. God already knows everything which we will face in this life, we must trust in him and know that all is well. He never took our place on the cross through Christ to leave us in times of difficulties, he took it and redeemed us from everything that was against us. God never fails, He can’t, He is God. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and learn not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV). Pray this prayer of faith: Jesus, thank you for taking my place on the cross. I thank you for loving and forgiving me. I accept you as my Lord and Savior in my heart today. Amen.

Daily Devotion

We are a chosen vessel of God and it was nothing of our doing, he called us before the foundation of the world. “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (King James Bible, 1769/2017, Ephesians 1:4). God chose to bless us in Christ Jesus and gave us a heart to believe. “Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me” (Isaiah 43:10). We can’t take no credit for God’s work; it is his grace that made us who we are. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). In all that we do, we must remember that God loved us before we were saints. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Roma...